Self Reflection (Stage 1)

Okay, so I have begun reading an amazing book that I truly believe will help me with this renewed journey.  (As well as help those reading).  The book is called "The Power of Focus for Women" by Fran & Les Hewitt.  I have never felt in the past afraid of change, I always knew I could adapt to any new situation I was placed in, but reading this book is really opening my eyes to the way I was looking at things...

I wanted to share some information in the first chapter that will have you thinking and reflecting:

Focusing Strategy #1 - Climb Out of Your Box!!!

5 Barriers That Prevent Change

1) Coasting In Your Comfort Zone - Try challenging your comfort levels and watch you will begin to feel more alive, more passionate, and more confident about getting what you want out of life.

2) Beware of Apathy and Indifference - Tap into your emotions and your demeanor will change giving you a sense there is new hope and that life can be different.

3)Fear - To acomplish your goals you have to confront your fears, don't allow fear to be a hurdle in the race of life.

4) Justify Your Actions - Don't allow your justification to get in the way of making the changes you want or need to make.

5) Putting Things Off - Procrastination is a dream killer - stay away from it!

Comments

Popular Posts