It's Time to Get Real (Stage 2)

Okay in continuation with "The Power of Focus For Woman" I am now on chapter 2 and this information in this book it truly helping me sort through who I am.  One thing that I didn't share in the the beginning of this blog is any background on me.  The information in the about section is really brief and definately doesn't begin to talk about why I needed to do this blog.  I notice it is turning out to be more than just a blog but actually a journal to share and release my feelings.

So a lil about me....I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY by two parents who dearly loved me but unfortuantely seperated while I was very young.  My mother joined the military and then I became as they say a military brat.  I have lived in several states and even overseas and if you know anything about military life, we moved like every three years - so my stability is alittle jacked up.

Anyway, I do have siblings but technically the only child between my mom and dad.   I grew up with my brothers,  my older brother has me by 9 years and I am older than my younger brother by 11 years.  You see what I mean....I was raised solely by my mother but definately had a great relationship with my dad, I spent every possible chance I could (it helped that they were both the type of people to not let their failed relationship affect my well being).  But being raised by a single mother did have a impact on who I am as a woman.  Okay, so enough about childhood, let me talk present day (even though I know my childhood is a major contributor of who I am today, we are going to fast forward and get into that at a later time).

Today, I am a wife and a stay at home mother of four boys ........... (I know you are probably thinking what else) well you and me both hence why I am on this journey of self discovery.  Somewhere along the lines I got lost and came to a fork in the road.  Now moving right along to the book.

Focusing Stategy #2 - It's Time To Get Real
(Where I am right now)

Five Most COMMON MASK
1) Approval - Seeker

2) Victim Mask

3) Busy Bee Mask

4) Intellectual Mask

5) Rescuer Mask

I decided to spend a little more time on this chapter so I can determine which mask has held me hostage for many years.  I am ready for a change and though I know this road will be bumpy with all the new discoverys it will be well worth it in the end.

Peace and Blessings

Stay posted and feel free to comment or ask me questions!!!

Comments

Popular Posts