"This Day"

Good morning, I wanted to share a short scripture verse, you may or may not have heard it before. "Give us this day our daily bread", Matt 6:11. After my morning prayer something about the words "this day" stood out to me. I have spent many hours/ days writing out life plans, to do lists, etc for the next 6,9,12 months. I realized I did't focus on appreciating the current day, enjoying all the blessings and joys of it. My life had become all about deadlines and schedules. I remember in my early 20's I had a little notebook, which I was crazy enough to have drawn out a life timeline which had different ages and dates. By the dates where the who, what, and where I was suppose to be in life, funny right!! I wish I still had that book so I could have a good laugh. "If you want to hear GOD laugh tell him your plans". The long of the short of it is GOD only promises us "this day", so spend sometime today doing what makes you happy and plan for the big things tomorrow. ;)

Have a Great Day!!
Peace and Blessing

Comments

Popular Posts