LOVE yourself enough to have the COURAGE to walk away from situations that aren't good for you!

Throughout my life, I held onto the word loyalty for dear life, even when it meant I was hurting inside. As I got older and more mature, I realized it isn't anything wrong with being loyal. However, it is who and what you're loyal too. I found myself being loyal to those who very well wouldn't be loyal to me. I was pretty sure they wouldn't go the extra mile for me, even if I supplied the vehicle.

Now, I'm not saying that I've kept a tally of ever gesture, kind act that those who I've cared about shown me. However, I did begin to listen to that inner voice that GOD has given each and every one of us to let me know when something or someone wasn't good for me. Yes, I have beat myself up many times for "wasting time, energy, and effort" on people who shouldn't have enjoyed who am I. But, the lesson learned throughout these situations is its okay to remain who you are but understand that LOYALTY does have an expiration date.

Comments

Popular Posts